Monday, January 28, 2008

A long, relaxing weekend in SJ!

I headed up to SJ right after school on WeDnEsDaY afternoon. I was so excited because I hadn't been home since the fair in SePtEmBeR! Even though I helped my mom paint and clean her rental house, it was still very relaxing to be away from the city. Ben caught a ride up with my cousin Mickey on FrIdAy night (hey, someone needs to stay home and make the money, right?) My main reason for going up was for Naomi's wedding! She married the love of her life of 4 (0r 5?) years, Tyler Ortiz. It was so fun to hang out and just be silly with her like old times! Their ceremony was very simple and sweet. They had AwEsOmE food at their reception, and the weather turned out perfectly! And of course, Naomi looked gOrGeOuS! I was also able to watch a couple of my sisters' basketball games. And the last bit of great news is that my little brother Eli is now the sTaTe ChAmPiOn of his 73 pound weight class! I didn't get to see much of him or my dad over the weekend because they were down at his tournament in Tucson. Our boys did awesome! 5 state champs (including cousins Austin and Tyler), two runners up, and some others placed as well. They won the tournament as a team and broke the state record for team points! Way to go boys! It will be even more exciting to watch them as they get up into high school. I was pretty bummed on SuNdAy when it was time to go home, back to reality! And my only complaint about the whole trip was I never got my soda from Brides! (They were closed by like noon on Saturday! Whats up with that?)



8 comments:

Josh n' Meagan said...

How fun! Naomi's cakes are so cute. What a fun idea.

Julie said...

Oh she looked beautiful! What a fun nice weekend for you. Things looked awesome, very cute cake! And whoo hoo boys! Ryder was one of the Champs too! I am so excited for those boys!

Lucia said...

Wow Great pics! I didn't even know Naomi got married! What a fun weekend!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Naomi looked so beautiful, and I love the cakes. Very cute idea

taytum said...

Yay for Naomi! I was hoping you would pictures on. I always love seeing brides! Is there ever a bad looking bride?

Congrats to our little wrestlers! I can't believe how awesome they did.

Nicole said...

Too bad Tyler didn't take first, but second is good too:) Naomi looks gorgeous! I wish I could have made it! Like everyone else, I LOVE the cake!
P.S. You look cute too:)

Jason and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow....I didn't even recognize Naomi at first. That is so awesome! I wish that we could have seen it! But we were at the basketball games. haha and we saw you!

taytum said...

Are you feeling the pressure now that another friend has announced they are pregnant? Seriously, you girls in your grade have always tended to do everything together, it doesn't surprise me that it still seems to be working out that way.