Sunday, June 21, 2009

And the missionary returns...

Joel came home last Sunday. It was so neat to see him. I bawled when I saw him; heck, we all bawled! It was quite the event at the airport...we found out we were waiting at the wrong terminal like ten minutes before he landed! So all 30 of us were bookin' to the next terminal (put gramma in the wheel chair and headed out!) I am sure it quite the spectacle seeing that long line of people running down the road. lol. But we ended up gettin' there in time. It was great...he is now living in SJ with the parents for the rest of the summer and he will be living with us during the school year while attending ASU. You can tell he became very accustomed to the mexican culture...lets just say he was talking in spanish, watching spanish soap operas, and jammin out to mexican music. Silly boy. Here are some pics!

The family waitin' and waitin' (we arrived entirely too early)...I was pacing haha

These escalators were SO long! We were racing up and down them:) Do you like Austin's facial expression? lol
The little boys all dressed up "like Joel"...so adorable! Don't you just love Tanner?!
Check us out! We were quite the site at the airport
I love this pic...there was an incline where he came out so all the little cousins were ducking down to look for him. Kinley's facial expression is priceless:)
Lots of hugs:)
The boys
The girls
The parents(blurry)
Joel & David
Welcome home bro!

5 comments:

Bailey said...

welcome home joel. he looks so much like your dad!!

The Chambers said...

I cried...brings back memories! This is so sweet. He looks GREAT! Oh my goodness. He looks so grown up! Welcome home!

Tyler and Naomi said...

I love that you guys had to run to another terminal! Wish I could have seen it! He looks so good! Glad he is finally home!

Michelle said...

You have such a supporting family..Travis and I are so proud of Joel...Thanks for sharing that special moment with all your bloggers...

Lucia said...

I love that so many family members came!!You guys are a great Family! my bro {keith} gets home in like a month!