Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Labor story & extra cell phone pics

Well, my labor was pretty text book. I had my doctor strip my membranes again on the morning of April 8th. I started having contractions literally 10 minutes afterwards...I could barely drive myself home! After a couple hours of sitting at home, my contractions were only three minutes apart. So we checked into the hospital around 3:30pm and I was dilated to a five. An hour later I was dilated to a six and they gave me an epidural. We waited around for a fews hours and I started pushing around 9:45pm. I got a fever from the epidural which made her heart rate skyrocket and right towards the end of my pushing her heart rate dropped really low so they used the little vacuum suction thing on a couple of my pushes to speed up the process. She came an hour later at 10:45pm!




3 comments:

Stephens Family said...

Wahoo!!! She is adorable! Her and Wyat are only a few days apart. : ) Hope you are feeling okay and adjusting. Maybe getting an hour of sleep at a time...Congrats again!

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Sounds like your labor went pretty quick for you! Im so glad that everything went ok! She sure is a pretty little baby!

taytum said...

She is so dang cute! I can't wait to see her in person! Hopefully I'll catch you when you come home this week (your mom told me you were coming during prom). I really think babies that come out big are the cutest because they are all filled out and not wrinkley and looking like little old men!