Thursday, September 6, 2012

Great Gramma's Funeral

My sweet great grandmother passed away at the age of 96. She passed away peacefully on a Wednesday morning after having a few really good days in a row. I was so glad that me and the girls went to see her on Monday evening. We had a good chat and she just adorned over sweet Kilee. I felt bad because she wanted to hold Kilee SO bad but I knew she wasn't strong enough. So I let Kilee stand on her bed and she gave her lots of smiles and talked to her:) Allyson was difficult of course and didn't really want to talk to gramma. (I think the hospital bed kind of freaked her out) We talked and joked for a good hour. I was really surprised to hear of her passing on Wednesday morning because she seemed to be doing so well. Although I was saddened by her passing, I was also SO happy for her being able to go be with "her Johhny". They were always such lovebirds and I know grampa was ready and waiting for her to join him! I am so grateful for the knowledge of eternal families. Her funeral service was on the Saturday before Labor Day. Most of her posterity was in attendance (and there are a LOT of us!) My grampa and Aunt Sarah both spoke, Uncle Elliot sang a beautiful song, and her grandchildren and great-grandchildren all sang a song together. It was simple and sweet, just like my gramma:)
the siblings: (from left to right) Uncle Elliot, Aunt Carla,
Uncle Kenny, Aunt Sarah, Grampa Steve, Aunt Net, &
Uncle Norman (she had 8 children but her daughter Norma
passed away when she was only a few days old)
the back of her headstone
casket bearers: one grandson from each family
the dedication of her grave
miss allyson
there were a lot of us!
this picture just melts my heart!
{aunt carla wiping away tears}

No comments: