Sunday, April 26, 2009

HIKE FROM HELL

Ok - so this post's sole purpose is for me to complain and whine...Ben said we would go on a short TWO mile hike to this place where we could swim and fish. So I agree to go with him (mistake #1!) So yesterday, we get to this place with three other couples and one baby and start hiking. To make a long story short we end up hiking TWELVE miles in rugged terrain aka we were never on a trail. So nine hours later when we finally make it back to the truck I have scrapes, bruises, cactus needles and stickers everywhere, bleeding from multiple places, blisters that started to bleed, twisted ankles, a sunburn, and can barely walk. Oh and did I mention that while we were walking Ben got a fish hook stuck in his arm?! (It was sticking out of the backpack) So I had to yank the thing out of his arm - not fun! Luckily we brought enough fluids with us, but we had only brought a few granola bars with us for food - so on the way home we stopped at the first fast food restuarant we saw and scarfed it! I called my mom to tell her about it today and she laughed at us - so I guess that's all you really can do right? Make memories and laugh at ourselves for being idiots! haha - I guess we did get a P9000X workout considering I can't even move today!

We hiked THAT - what were we thinking? lol


Poor Josh - he carried the baby and a huge backpack - I DIED and I wasn't carrying anything!
A forced smile haha (this was HIS idea)
One joy of trip was that Pacer talked to us the whole time - such a cutie!
We did finally make it to the swimming spot - FIVE hours later
Ben looks like he is flying
This is just a TASTE of my battle wounds - thrashed legs and swollen ankle :(

4 comments:

Meagan Rogers said...

I woke up this morning and kind of wished I was dead.

Ben & Jessica said...

I concur!

Tyler and Naomi said...

Haha I am sorry! Ben cracks me up. Note to self never go hiking with Ben! Kind of funny that we actually went hiking to. But we really only went 2 miles. lol

Kristi said...

Sounds like a fun adventure and great memories (since you did survive)!