Friday, December 17, 2010

rag quilts

I received a couple rag quilts when allyson was born and I just thought they were so cool lookin! As I was looking at them one day, I thought 'hey, that doesn't look too hard! I bet I can do that..." So I decided to make a couple for Christmas gifts this year. They aren't too hard, just sooooo TEDIOUS!! hours and hours of work and some bruised fingers but fun! Here is how they turned out...

This is the second one I did...for my friend Lycie (turned out a little better than my first:) practice makes perfect!

the front (flat) side

Here is the first one I made...for my cousin Jason. He just finished his fire academy training so I really wanted to make him one with some kind of fireman print on it but fireman flannel is impossible to find! So he got red and plaid pattern instead:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute Jess and good job! I've made a few of those too and they are pretty tedious!