Monday, December 19, 2011

27 weeks



I am very proud of myself for taking so many more pics with this pregnancy! I think I literally have ONE from my pregnancy with Allyson. Even though I don't have pics to prove it, I believe I am smaller this time around. I pulled out a maternity shirt that I wore during Christmas during my last pregnancy and it was huge! And, I am even farther along this time! I know it seems silly but it made me feel better about myself...lol....and I will take anything at this point. As every prego woman will tell you, pregnancy definitely takes a toll on the self confidence! I think that being able to stay at home has made all the difference. With Allyson, I was working 50-60 hours a week, sitting behind a computer. And by the end of the day, I would just be SO swollen! Not to mention, I ate out a lot more since I was hardly home. At home I am able to eat small meals throughout the day, take naps, sit with my feet up in the air, and the best part - wear sweats ALL day EVERY day! But I guess I really shouldn't get my hopes up, there is still plenty of time for me to 'balloon' up! The body is gonna do what it wants, so I guess I just need to accept it whether good or bad:) I had an appointment last week and I am measuring two weeks ahead of schedule and have gained 16 pounds so far. Makes me curious as to whether I will have another HUGE baby or a normal size one:) I will take either; just want her to be healthy! I was supposed to have an ultra sound at that appointment but my doc was nice enough to work with me on my insurance and pushed it back to January. So at my 30 week appointment, I will get another ultrasound:) She kicks and moves around like crazy every day. I am still nauseous and probably will be the entire pregnancy but at least there is no puking! The back pains have started and I have a hard time sleeping at night. All I can say is thank goodness for Unisom! But overall, all is well!

2 comments:

Tyler and Naomi said...

Be so proud of yourself you look awesome! And I am glad you get to stay at home now instead of working all those crazy hours!! Lets hope the rest of this pregnancy flies by for the both of us!!

taytum said...

The second round I looked smaller too! I gained the same 15 lbs and my baby weighed 9 lbs 1oz at birth just like his brother, so I just figured my body knew how to handle it better...or something?!