Thursday, May 17, 2012

"the best things in life are not things"

Trials. We all have them, some more than others, in all different shapes and sizes. This past month has been rough. Seems like everything is going wrong/breaking at once...pool pump, fish tank pump, AC unit - just to name a few. But luckily, those are all monetary issues. And yes, I know money is important - you need it to survive, but it is not everything. And I am sure glad God gave me these two angels (and Ben:) to remind me of that:)

how do you not love this face?
 
my beautiful diva

I know that if we keep paying our tithing and keeping our covenants, the Lord will provide. Just gets hard to keep that faith sometimes:) On the up-side, I might've landed an accounting job I can do from home! Fingers crossed:) I also just have to say how grateful I am for family. I get teary-eyed every time I think about it. I was having a breakdown the other day and my dad called me and knew exactly what I needed to hear. My family has been (and still is) going thru our own heap of trials for over a year now. Family is hard and sometimes it just seems easier to say "you know what, I am done, I don't need this" but you dont get to choose your family. God put you with your family for a reason. And with all our flaws, I would never change my family. I love them all as they are and always will.

and I love moments like these...she was so proud to wearing mommys pitty shoes
little story about this crazy girl: since our upstairs AC unit is not working at the moment (waiting for parts to arrive), we have all been sleeping in our downstairs spare room. That means Ben & I are on a queen size bed (yes, we are SPOILED and used to a king!), Kilee is on one side of us in her bassinet and Allyson is on the other side of us in the pack-n-play. Well, a couple nights ago Allyson puked around 2am. So we got her up, changed her blankets, gave her a bath, and put her back to bed. Well, about 20 minutes later we hear her say "daddy"! And Ben says "what?" She replied "what you doing?" To which Ben replied "sleeping" LOL. She repeated the same conversation with me about 10 minutes after that. Makes me chuckle. She is SO high maintenance these days but gives us a good laugh every day! And every night she tells us "night night. i love ye mommy. i love ye my daddy." People who choose to not have children are truly missing out:)

1 comment:

Tyler and Naomi said...

This is all so true! Family is the best! They make it so hard sometimes but it is all worth it! And children while they do give us hell a lot they sure do make up for it with their cute faces and great sense of humor!