Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kilee's room!

Alissa's room is now officially Kilee's room! haha. Poor Lissa had to live with these UGLY walls...but I figured, why paint the room when I knew I would just re-paint it once I had my second child? So she was a good sport and just decorated it with all kinds of outrageous colors. She also was a good sport in helping me paint! Stripes would be nearly impossible if it were just me! Or at least, they wouldn't have turned out this good! I am very proud of our uniform and straight stripes:)

BEFORE!

BEFORE!

seriously who picks these colors?

lissa showing off her booty haha
and after!

I know its ALOT of purple, but I
love it!

the pics dont do the colors justice
And I took a project on for her room...I decided I want to make some sort of hair bow holder since we have a million between her and allyson, so here is what I came up with! (ps-I am NOT crafty, this wasnt my idea! Thanks for the idea Taytum!0
started with a frame from
Goodwill, chicken wire, and
some ribbon

painted it with left over paint
from the dark stripes

added some ribbon to the corners

attached chicken wire to the frame and sanded it to give
it a shabby look (although its hard to see in this pic)


added the bows! (and yes, we still have more) lol

and up on Kilee's wall:) I LOVE how it turned out!

1 comment:

*Amy * said...

How did you make such sharp lines? I am about to do my kids bathroom in horizontal stripes. I hear frog tape? What was your trick? I doing bright yellow with aqua stripes. THANKS (I love the stripes and the purple!) Dont feel bad about the bold color choice, check out my latest post on Randons room. It is kawasaki green (slime green and two shades of crazy blue) ya. nuts.