Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Allyson Marie turns 2!

Time to start catching up on the blog! It seems like we have been going a mile a minute these days...having two kids is definitely an adjustment! This update about Allyson is going to be obnoxiously long because its for me to remember! But feel free to read if you'd like:)

Oh where do I start with my Allyson?! Lets see...right now she is a VERY high maintenance sweetheart:) She never stops talking and it amazes me how fast her vocabulary grows and how quickly she picks up on new words that I teach her. She can repeat any word you ask her to...of course only if she is in the mood. She calls my sister Alissa (who lives with us) "sha-la" - not sure where she came up with that? But Lis thinks its cute haha. Ben said its short for "shut it" lol. She calls my brother Eli "ah-E" and it seems like everytime we go see uncle E, he is playing a sport, so any time we are at any sporting event or even just watching sports on tv, she starts yelling "go ellie! go ellie! go ellie!" (my sisters and I called Eli, ellie) She LOVES my sister "ashee" who spoils her the most with gifts! She assumes everyone I talk to on the phone is either ashee or gwama. Its a tough call on who her favorite auntie is...ash or lis...they both spoil her...ash with gifts and lis plays with her every day and is SO patient with her when she bothers her while she is trying to finish homework! Ben's brother Richard comes in a close second for her favorites too! she calls him "richie". We got her to say Richard's fiancee's name (alivia) the other day...she called her "livi" - so cute! She can say grampa and gramma pretty well and she knows who they are. However, she has so many grampa and gramma's (if you include greats as well!) that she is starting to think any older man is called "gwampa" because yesterday a guy from SRP came over to callibrate our new pool pump and she kept calling him grampa! lol. good thing he was older! He was a good sport and just talked it up with her. She loves to go to her grandparents houses so much, that I often use it as a bribing technique..."if you dont come take a bath, you dont get to go see gramma!" Same goes for her aunts and uncles, oh and my friend Bailey's kids. She loves hanging out with her boys (brody & rigden) who she calls "brobie" (for both haha). She especially loves bouncing on the grandparents (both sides) trampolines! She actually just bounces on anything and everything. The other day when we layed her down for her nap, she was still talking to herself after being in there for 30 minutes, so we checked on her and she was holding onto the back of her crib just bouncing up and down saying "weee". little ball of energy! and yes, she did eventually fall asleep!


She is a good big sis...we have only had a couple episodes so far. One was an accident (fell on her) and one was her reacting to me scolding her (almost hit her head)...she got in big trouble for that one! Otherwise, she knows to be soft and gentle. She gives her kisses ALL day long. And last night she was eating some sort of sucker and I later noticed her red lips marks on Kilee's forehead! haha. Whenever she hears Kilee crying she says "oh oh! babys crying!" And rushes to her side. When she sees me nursing her she says "oh baby Kikee hungy" I have to also mention that the other day when she was playing with her dolls I saw her lift up her shirt for a few seconds and hold her baby like she was nursing her LOL. She calls every baby "baby Kikee" - even her baby dolls! we tried to get her to say her cousins name (baby Ava) while she was here but that was a fail! She is a good helper when it comes to diaper changing, always willing and wanting to throw away her diapers for me. And when I change Kilee she says "oh Kilee sick!" Whenever Kilee is not around us, she says "uh oh, baby Kikee go?" She likes to copy EXACTLY what Ben & I do when we are talking to Kilee trying to get her to smile for us. Its quite cute if I do say so myself! She DOES get jealous SOMETIMES. Usually depends on how cranky she is (whether or not she has napped!) Her nursery teachers have told me that has has been so much better (more independent instead of sitting scared on their laps) ever since she has become a big sis, so hopefully thats a good sign!


Her daily routine is that she wakes up usually between 8-9am, I carry her downstairs, and she drinks a sippy cup of chocolate milk and eats dry cereal while watching her cartoons. She likes basically all of the cartoons on the Nick Jr. channel. She also LOVES Finding Nemo ("nelmo") and Madagascar 2 (which is great cuz thats my fav!) During the day she will play pretty well with her toys. She is obsessed with going to the park! She loves going down the slides and the swing. She also just likes to be outside. If I sit out in our backyard with her, she will pretty much entertain herself and play with Hunter. I am really hoping she will love swimming this summer! Cuz we are gonna be hanging out in our pool all summer! (not much else to do down here during the summer) She will be starting the ISR swim lessons in about a week, so I am hoping they will help with her fears. She seems much more brave this year but its hard to tell because its been too cold to swim in our pool yet. Anyways, back to her schedule...she will take one good nap every day. Usually two to three hours. She never WANTS to nap but she doesnt really fight me when I lay her down for her naps. Sometimes she will just lay in there and talk herself to sleep haha. And yes, she is still in a crib...I dont plan on moving her until she tries to crawl out! Why not? She stays up late with us, and we will put her to bed usually between 10-11pm. She actually likes going to bed! If we tell her its bedtime, she will grab her blankie, and ask for her water and head upstairs to brush her teeth! and everytime we lay her down we get a sweet "night night mommy. night night daddy" And if she sees Alissa or Kilee we get "night night sha-la. night night kikee". i love that she goes to bed so easily!


I usually have no problems with her waking up at night either (unless she gets cold). But about a month ago she was waking up screaming multiple times during the night. I figured it was nightmares, which it could have been but then I also discovered she was getting her 2 year molars. And once those popped thru, the waking up stopped! She MUST have her blankie everytime she goes to bed or to nap. If her blankie is not already with her or in her crib when you lay her down, a breakdown occurs! "bankie bankie bankie!"


She is still a very picky eater! Funny how that carries thru from baby food to normal food! Her MOST favorite is mac'n'cheese. She also likes hot dogs, chicken, actually most ALL meat! The day after her bday we asked her if she wanted some more cake and she said "no, meat!" After which she ate two huge pieces of the leftover tri-tip from easter! She loves loves milk...would drink it all day if I'd let her. She also likes spicy food...so basically all kinds of mexican food!

She is such a girly girl. When we go shopping she will just throw things in the cart and say "pitty dess". she loves to paint her toes with me and will then say "oh! pitty toes!" and sometimes after I get her dressed she will say "oh cute!" Sometimes when I ask her if she wants to go bye bye, she will grab her shoes and purse and say lets go! She still hates to get dirty. She is obsessed with washing her hands. Even though she loves girly things, she also LOVES animals. aunt ashee got her a little pony for her bday and she loves it! she also loves her My Little Pony dolls.



Most of the time she is very friendly, saying "haalow" to everyone. She knows how to be sweet. If she knows Im annoyed with her or even just at random she will get up in my face and say "hi mommy!" with a cute grin on her face.

We attempted potty training the week after Kilee was born...I figured it would be a good time since we wouldnt be leaving the house, but I was wrong. Potty training while physically exhausted from staying up with a newborn, combined with whack hormones is NOT GOOD! I think we tried a total of five days and I would bawl, just being so physically and mentally drained at the end of each day. And Ben wasnt really helping me either, so I decided we would wait till she got a little older. #1 because of the new baby and #2 she is literally scared of her poop (so weird!) but I am hoping the next attempt will be better since she already has a head start. The other day at the store her diaper started to leak and she said "uh oh! potty!" so at least she knows that part! And also, the other night she took a bath with me, and I had her wait a few minutes in her room while I got dressed and she pooped in her room. it was EVERYWHERE! so nasty. but she wasnt scared of it, so I guess thats a good sign?

So...funny story that I need to document...last Saturday Allyson spent the day with her dad while me and alissa went shopping. ben told allyson to follow him upstairs. ben layed down at the top of the stairs. when allyson got to the top she said "uh oh, daddy fall down?" and ben said yeah daddy fell down. and she said "oh daddy sad?" and ben said (making a sad face) yeah daddy is sad. so she stroked his face and said "its ok daddy". after that, ben said he let out a really loud fart after which allyson said "uh oh! daddy poopy?!" and ben said yeah daddy poopy (such a brat lol) so allyson ran into her room, and brought back a diaper and then tried to lift up ben's legs like she was changing him. LOL. this girl is too smart for her own good!

Another allyson story...while at the Easter pageant at the Mesa temple this year, when they would sing slower songs she would say "oh they sad?" and then she would point and say "singing! singing!" And would try to sing along with them. And in the scene where they show Christ being crucified on the cross, she said "oh, he stuck!" on that same note, she does love going to church! she loves nursery but is still a little clingy when I drop her off.


Allyson Marie, we love you! Even though you may drive us crazy with your high maintenance personality,you bring light and joy into our lives every day:)

1 comment:

Tyler and Naomi said...

I love how girlie she is and how she loves baby dolls. I was hoping Ronnee would be like that but she is opposite! She loves to kiss her brother but hates dolls and anything cute and girlie. So not fair. I better get a girlie girl next time. I love dressing them up and watching them play with dolls. I love that Allyson nursed her baby. That is so fricken cute!