Thursday, March 8, 2012

labor story of Kilee Jo

Well, in a continuation of the previous post, I continued to have contractions that entire day...they were VERY slowly getting stronger so I didn't know when was the appropriate time to go to the hospital. I just knew I would be going in that night because I was NOT gonna sit in pain like that all night! Well, I waited till Ben and Alissa got home (which of course seemed to take FOREVER). That way, Ben could drive me and Alissa could watch Allyson. Ben got home first, so I told him to pack whatever he needed, etc. And then I need to document this because its kinda funny...I am sitting on the couch (waiting for Alissa at this point) and she is still about 30 min away. Ben walks downstairs and says "can you give me a hair cut?" I said "uh, are you kidding me right now?! why?!" and he says "because its long" LOL. so being the awesome wife I am, while in ACTIVE LABOR, gave my husband a haircut. Alissa got home and off we went. When I got to the hospital I was 100% effaced and dilated 5cm. They started me on the antibotics for the group B strep thing right away. And then came the epidural. HEAVEN! The epidural this time was better (than with Allyson) because I was still able to kind of move my legs and yet felt NOTHING from the contractions! I was also up and walking two hours afterwards this time (took me like 6 hours or so last time). We waited two hours so I could get an entire bag of the antibiotics and then my doc came in and broke my water. He thought that this would speed things up but two hours later I was still at a five. so they put me on a small dose of pitocin and I dilated to a 10 within an hour or so. thank goodness for modern medicine! if I wouldnt have had the pitocin Im sure I wouldve labored at a 5 for three days straight! anyways, we discovered she was sunny-side up which meant she would be a lot harder to push out. but thanks to allyson being the size of a toddler when born, she paved the way nicely which made this little one come out nice and easy! I only had to push for 15 min and she was out. my doc kept saying how he couldnt believe how fast she came being sunny-side up! he said that if she wouldve came head-down, that one push wouldve probably got her out! she came out screaming and healthy:) weighing in at 7 pounds 6 ounces, 20.5 inches long. thank goodness she came early because I am sure she wouldve been as big as big sister! seven and a half pounds at three weeks early is pretty dang good! and no, I didnt do anything to make her come early. she came all on her own! we were debating between two names: Macee Jo or Kilee Jo. Honestly, I liked them both equally but Ben said he REALLY disliked Macee so I just went with Kilee. (I got to choose this time since he chose the name Allyson!)









3 comments:

Tyler and Naomi said...

I cannot stop laughing about Ben wanting a haircut. That is hilarious! And you are so nice to do it for him! I am so glad she came early! She is just a cute little tiny thing! Wish I were there to hold her!
And say your prayers that I go into labor on my own like you did!!!

taytum said...

The haircut is pretty funny, and reminds me of when I was having strong contractions just 4a minutes apart and Trevor stopped at financial to get a pepsi before we left town! Men .... I have had sunny side up babies both times and big babies like your allison so I always say that if I ever get a small baby that is facing the right way, it'll just shoot out of me! Haha. So glad your labor and delivery went well! Congrats on miss kilee jo!

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Congrats Jessica she is beautiful! Im glad that everything went so well and that she came early for you! Lucky!