Thursday, March 1, 2012

37.5 weeks

I had an appointment scheduled yesterday but the doctor got called away to a delivery so I had to re-schedule for first thing this morning. Yesterday I was really bitter about having to re-schedule because its a 25 minute drive to his office but I was grateful it got pushed back this morning because I had cramping ALL NIGHT LONG! There was zero sleep last night. I didn't know if it was a gassy pain, braxton hicks, or the start of legit contractions. So this morning I'm sitting in his office, waiting to be checked (still having cramps) and the nurse comes in and says "well, he is usually here by 8am and he is not here yet, so we will be calling him shortly" I was like YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I told her I needed to see him today because I had cramping all night. Anyways, a few minutes later he walked in...thank the heavens! I told him about my cramping and it was hard for me to tell (they just feel like strong menstrual cramps) He checks me and goes "well it looks like those cramps were doin' something!" I am now dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced. My doc is guessing that she will come this weekend...yay! I am still having contractions as I'm sitting here typing, so we will see. Part of me wants her to come Saturday because I want to go to my Olive Garden baby shower! lol. But then the other part of me is already sick of all the cramping and if it continues like this, I know that the next few nights will be SLEEPLESS:( I forgot to ask him what my stomach was measuring, but the baby's heartbeat was a good 150bpm and my weight gain is now up to 34 pounds!

1 comment:

Shari Romney Family!! said...

YAY! Thats exciting news! She most likely will come early for you! Walk and walk and Im sure she will be here by this weekend! Good Luck!