Friday, March 9, 2012

meeting big sis for the first time

I have had mixed emotions about Allyson becoming a big sister. I am excited for her to have a new best friend/soon-to-be playmate, but I am also kind of sad for her because she is no longer mommy's only baby. For the first few days, I dont think she even noticed we added a baby to our home because gwama was here to spoil her rotten and give her LOTS of extra attention. She was so sad when my mom left...on the day she left, she woke up from her nap asking her gwama.

she is very good with her...makes sure to be 'soft' and loves to give her kisses

this is the first time they met, and she is saying 'nice baby'


aunt ashee got her this cute t-shirt:)


my cute girlies:)

allyson started having some attachment issues a couple days after my mom left...at one point I said, I'll be right back, I need to go get the baby (she was upstairs and we were downstairs) and she said nnoooooo! and then every time I would nurse, she wanted me to hold her. luckily that really only lasted a day and she seemed better adjusted now. she still wants her mommy cuddling time (which I love) but we are slowly finding a balance!


going with mommy, Kilee, & gwama to Kilee's first doctor appointment!



she loves to hold Kilee...she always tells me 'I hold, I hold'. so far we have only had one accident...she tripped while walking on the couch and the palm of her hand hit Kilee's head. But everyone is ok! I am not sure if it was more tramatizing to Allyson or Kilee? FREAKED ME OUT though! Babies heads are so fragile!! Anyways, lets hope I can figure out this parenting two children thing:)

1 comment:

Tyler and Naomi said...

So glad she they are adjusting well. They are going to be best buds!